University of Alaska Fairbanks & University of Vermont
Photo by Christy Yuncker Happ
- Christy Yuncker Photo Journal - AlaskaSandhillCrane.com
- Alaska Sandhill Crane Blog
- Is crane dance innate or learned?
- Sandhill crane books
- Do cranes usde pheromones?
- Twin colts in 2010
- Local ecology and novelty
- Crane brains 3 - Mental maps
- Crane Brains 2 - wiring plan
- Crane Brains 1- Evolutionary origins
- Death, visitations, and dance of "solidarity"
- Alaska Crane Kindergarten
- Return to nestsite and hatch of twin coltss
- Crane parents compensate for colt's injury
- Origins of the blog
- How birds think
"What cranes say with their body language",
is a Waterford Press Pocket Naturalist Guide,
available through Amazon.com.
The Sandhill Crane Display Dictionary is available at many retail outlets including the following:
- Nebraska Nature & Visitor Center in Wood River
(Interstate 80, Exit 305), near Grand Island.
- Iain Nicholson Audubon Center at Rowe Sanctuary in Gibbon, Nebraska (Interstate 80, Exit 285), near Kearney.
- Creamer's Field Refuge,
Beaver Sports, and Gulliver's Books in Fairbanks.
- Alaska Islands and Ocean Visitor Center (Alaska Geographic), and Homer Bookstore in Homer.