University of Alaska Fairbanks & University of Vermont
Photo by Christy Yuncker Happ
- Christy Yuncker Photo Journal - AlaskaSandhillCrane.com
- Alaska Sandhill Crane Blog
- Is crane dance innate or learned?
- Sandhill crane books
- Do cranes usde pheromones?
- Twin colts in 2010
- Local ecology and novelty
- Crane brains 3 - Mental maps
- Crane Brains 2 - wiring plan
- Crane Brains 1- Evolutionary origins
- Death, visitations, and dance of "solidarity"
- Alaska Crane Kindergarten
- Return to nestsite and hatch of twin coltss
- Crane parents compensate for colt's injury
- Origins of the blog
- How birds think
- "Sandhill Crane Display Dictionary - What cranes say with their body language" - Waterford Press (2012, 2013, 2015) with Christy Yuncker Happ
- "Death, visitations, and dance after death of a crane colt " Blogpost - July 10, 2009
- "A Sandhill Crane Family Nesting in Alaska"- Prarie Fire Newspaper, March 2012 with Christy Yuncker Happ.
- Memory persists through metamorphosis -"Retention of a conditioned avoidance response after metamorphosis in mealworms" Nature 228: 87-88 (1970) with J. Somberg & A. Schneider
- "Do cranes use sex pheromones?" Blogpost - October 9, 2010.
- A male antiaphrodisiac pheromone -"Multiple sex pheromones of the mealworm beetle, Tenebrio molitor L."- Nature 222: 180-181 (1969)
- Symbiotic signals - "Fine structure of the prothoracic mycangium, a chamber for the culture of symbiotic fungi in the southern pine beetle, Dendroctonus frontalis." Tissue and Cell 3: 295-308 (1971) with C. M. Happ, & S. J. Barras
- Blood as defense - "Hemorrhage in a coccinellid beetle and its repellent effect on ants." Science 134: 329-331 (1961) with Tom Eisner
- "H4N8 subtype avian influenza virus isolated from shorebirds contains a unique PB1 gene and causes severe respiratory disease in mice." Virology 423:77-88 (2012) with V. N. Bui, H. Ogawa, ...J. A. Runstadler, F. Huettmann & K. Imai
- "Francisella genes required for replication in mosquito cells. " J. Med. Entomol. 45:1108-1116 (2008) with A. Read, S. J. Vogl, K. Hueffer, & L. A. Gallagher
- "Using RRT-PCR analysis and virus isolation to determine the prevalence of avian influenza virus infections in ducks at Minto Flats State Game Refuge, Alaska during August 2005. " Archives of Virology 152:1901-1910.(2006) with J. A. Runstadler, G. M. Happ, R. D. Slemons, Z.-M. Sheng, N. Gundlach, M. Petrula, D. Senne, J. Nolting, D. L. Evers, A. Modrell, H. Huson, S. Hills, T. Rothe, T. Marr, and J. K. Taubenberger
- "Association of hypothyroid disease in Doberman Pinscher dogs with a rare major histocompatibility complex DLA class II haplotype." Tissue Antigens 68:82-86 (2006) with L. J. Kennedy, H. J. Huson, J. B. Leonard, J. M. Angles, L. E. Fox, J. W. Wojciechowski & C. Yuncker
- "The B proteins secreted by the tubular accessory sex glands of the male mealworm beetle, Tenebrio molitor, have sequence similarity to moth pheromone-binding proteins." Insect Biochem. Mol. Biol. 25:401-408 (1995) with G Paesen.
- "Purification and characterization of a proline-rich secretory protein of an insect spermatophore." J. Biol. Chem.262: 4794-4799 (1987) with H. Shinbo & T Yaginuma.
- "20-Hydroxyecdysone accelerates the flow of cells into the G1 phase and the S phase in a male accessory gland of a mealworm pupa (Tenebrio molitor)." Develop. Biol. 126: 173-181 (1988) with T. Yaginuma & H. Kai
- "Cytodifferentiation in the accessory gland of Tenebrio molitor. VI. A congruent map of cells and their secretions in the layered elastic product of the male bean-shaped gland." J Morphol. 166:289-322 (1980) with P. J. Dailey & N. M. Gadzama